Who we are
Sunway XFarms is committed to build and operate pesticides-free urban farms using the latest precision farming technology to ensure that our crops are fresh, clean and tasty. We adhere to the strictest farming best practices, guidelines and SOP, prioritizing the safety of both our consumers and farmers.
Our website address is: https://sunwayxfarms.com.
Personal Data Protection Notice for Sunway XFarms
Sunway XFarms (“Sunway”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that Sunway may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
(1) Personal information
1.1 Type of personal information
Personal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to Sunway for the purposes stated in Section 2 below. Your personal information may include your name, NRIC number, contact details, financial and banking account details.
1.2 Source of personal information
- Customer or potential customer: Sunway collects your personal information directly from you when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in any of our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
- Vendor, supplier, tenant or service provider: Sunway collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects, when you send us completed enquiry and/or credit application forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
1.3 Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services.
(2) Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information
- Customer or potential customer: Your personal information is collected and further processed by Sunway as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your requested services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- to process any payments related to your requested service;
- for insurance purposes;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal marketing analysis and analysis of customer patterns and choices;
- to comply with Sunway’ legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer and/or device; for Sunway’internal records management, customer relations events and activities, and customer loyalty reward program.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from Sunway, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in Sunway’ email blasts or you may contact Sunway at the details provided in Section (6) below.
(3)Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Entities within Sunway
Your personal information provided to us is processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within Sunway (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners). Sunway will ensure that:
- access to your personal information is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
- only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
3.2 Classes of third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit Sunway to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
- Customer or potential customer: Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, printing companies, contractors, conference/training/event organiser, other advisers, travel agencies and insurance companies);
- Our business partners or affiliates who may jointly provide the service requested for (such as third party hotels or resorts or shopping mall tenants);
- Utility companies;
- Property management companies for management of property purchased;
- Law enforcement agencies, including the local police; and
- Relevant governmental authorities statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators.
4.1 Links to other sites
Links to other sites is provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
- the date and time you accessed each page on our web site;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
(5) Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.
(6) Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints
- you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information;
- you have any further query; or
- you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information,
For FutureX Farm , You may contact:-
Sunway FutureX Farm
Duplex, Jalan PJS 11/26, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor.
Email Address: FutureXfarm@sunway.edu.my