Watermelon is often enjoyed on its own as a fruit, but did you know that it tastes really good in a salad too? It’s a great way to hydrate the family and add natural sweetness to a bowl of greens.
- 1/4 watermelon
- 100 g batavia lettuce
- 1/2 cup sunflower microgreens
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- Cut the watermelon into roughly 1 inch cubes.
- Wash and roughly tear lettuce leaves into bite size pieces.
- Toss together watermelon, lettuce, flaxseeds, microgreens and black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil and serve.