Sometimes the simplest salads are the most delicious. This no-fuss salad highlights the beauty of the batavia lettuce which has a silky smooth texture, sweet and juicy without any hint of bitterness. If you are looking for a detox and vitamin boost, this salad ticks all the right boxes.
- 100 g batavia lettuce
- 1 Japanese cucumebr
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Finely chop garlic and mix with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Wash and peel lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Slice cucumbers diagonally and cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Toss all the ingredients together and serve.