We didn’t mean the condiment! We meant mustard greens which pack just as much flavour. Let them add a peppery kick similar to wasabi in these juicy, flavourful meatballs. With some added chilli flakes, this dish is guaranteed to fulfil your spicy cravings! Pair it with any salad, noodles or pasta; or simply enjoy it on its own as a snack with a side of chilli sauce!
- 125 g minced meat (use your favourite meat)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mustard greens including stem
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of ground pepper
- Half slice of bread
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Soak the bread in a large mixing bowl with enough water to make it soft for 1 min
- Add in minced meat, mustard green, garlic, chilli flakes, soya sauce, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add in corn flour to bind the mixture.
- Roll up minced meat mixture into balls of 1 ½ inch diameter.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 mins to set.
- Heat up oil in a nonstick pan and fry until all sides are golden brown for approx. 7mins